Wednesday, January 19, 2005
Warm Temps, Not so tempting
It is 60 degrees in Ashford today, record warmth. A lot of snow has been melting from the mountain ranges and filling up local rivers and lakes. I feel bad for all the local ski resorts, all closed today, waiting for new snow. They can't do much when the freezing level is 9000 ft. I just got off the phone with an employee that is spending the winter in Salt Lake City, and just the opposite is happening there. He is skiing in fresh powder day after day. Lucky him. There is six day seminar on Mount Rainier right now and I know they are learning a ton about mountaineering, they are also learning there is no controlling mother nature, should be a lot of fun and wet stories after Friday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment