Sunday, October 03, 2010

Adam George on the North Face of the Eiger

Check out Whittaker Mountaineering Guide Team member Adam George's trip report from the North Face of the Eiger...

While growing up, I had heard of the infamous Eiger North Face, but I’ll confess, it was mostly just some mythical mountain that I knew nothing about.  While in college I remember a friend telling me they had visited Switzerland and looked “down” on this face (presumably from the tunnel window).  Being a climber I casually mentioned how I wanted to go climb that one day – still knowing nothing of what my statement entailed.  I was quickly told it was impossible and I would never be able to do it… “You don’t understand”, exclaimed my friend there is rock, snow, ice, even waterfalls on this face it is just unclimbable.  That was all I needed, while I nodded in agreement this was a challenge I couldn’t ignore and in my mind it was settled -  I would go climb the Eiger North Face someday. Read More.

1 comment:

Electric Fly said...

Glad that you managed to achieve a longstanding ambition. The Eiger North Face is a beauty to have on your tick-list.
I really enjoyed the video highlights of the climb too. Great job!

Thanks, Eric.